Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18 06/28/2019 12:56 PM
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast

I halfway life Joe Biden. I'd never vote for him because he is a sell out establishment guy. But, he's come in middle of the road and, attempted to work with both sides of the aisle over the years. Although it is unrelated from politics, I have a huge amount of compassion for the loss he suffered as a young man. (His wife and, infant daughter.) Of course, in recent times, his adult son. That aside, both Hannity and, Harris hitting him over his opposition to busing and, painting it as a racist stance is baloney. Busing was good for no one of any color. I lived through that. Fortunately, I wasn't bused. If I was, my parents would have put me in a private school. Of the children I know, back and, white, who were subjected to this, it was a nightmare. Howard Stern has really awful stories about his experience with it. Hannity, who I mostly like, lost a lot of respect for taking this position when he is either uneducated about it or, just doesn't care if what he says is true. Harris, I already didn't have respect for.

It is sad to see politicians and, media play issues just to further "Their side." It makes me wonder how anyone can find them credible.

Online Content

Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Busing was good for no one of any color. [...] Of the children I know, back and, white, who were subjected to this, it was a nightmare.
I didn't personally know anyone directly affected by bussing, but I remember the criticism. As usual, those opposing bussing were targeted as "racists." This is one of many issues where "I told you so" is a hollow victory.

Originally Posted by Cheyenne
It is sad to see politicians and, media play issues just to further "Their side." It makes me wonder how anyone can find them credible.
Even the claim by Harris is suspect. Time will tell as both sides will seek to confirm or discredit her claim. All too often, politicians change history to suit their needs.
Consider this article: About Kamala Harris and Busing
FTA (emphasis theirs):
What I think is most remarkable about this story is that the Democrats are now nostalgic for busing!
[...snip...]
In the 1970s pretty much everyone, of all races, who wasn’t on the take in some way, hated busing. Its demise was unlamented. But now, to my amazement, the Democrats are nostalgic for the busing regime!

I realize that Democrats assume Americans have no historical memory.

-The right Chuck-
chuck #20 06/30/2019 06:49 AM
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast

It is somewhat amazing how people can take politicians seriously when they conveniently change their positions. It is disgusting how our government has become more about this side or, that "winning" instead of serving the people.

Moderated by  Administrator 

Link Copied to Clipboard