Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ted Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/gop-rep-using-federal-funds-repair-key-bridge-outrageous-rcna145587

"On Aug. 1, 2007, I-35W Mississippi River bridge collapsed in Minnesota, killing 13 people. Two days later, the House — in a unanimous vote — approved federal funding to begin rebuilding it. The Senate acted soon after, and the bill reached then-President George W. Bush’s desk on Aug. 6.

"With this recent history in mind, it hardly seemed controversial when President Joe Biden assured the public this week that he intended to use federal resources to rebuild the Key Bridge in Baltimore in the wake of its collapse. The incumbent Democrat said he’d spoken to state and local officials, and he told them, “[W]e’re going to send all the federal resources they need as we respond to this emergency.”

The question is whether congressional Republicans agree.

"Unfortunately, too many GOP voices responded to the bridge collapse this week with conspiracy theories and racist nonsense. But as The New Republic noted, House Republican went further than most.
Representative Dan Meuser had an unusual take on the collapse of Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge: It’s not the government’s job to fix it. During an interview on Fox Business on Thursday, the Pennsylvania Republican slammed President Joe Biden for daring to say the multibillion-dollar reconstruction job is a responsibility of the federal government.

“It was kind of outrageous immediately for Biden to express in this tragedy the idea that he’s going to use federal funds to pay for the entirety,” Meuser said. “You know, he doesn’t refer to it as the American taxpayer dollars on anything. You know, the first reaction, in fact the only reaction, tends to be to spend.”
- - - - - - - - - - - -
People here may accuse me of copy & pasting whole "Op-Eds" and not be able to think for myself, LIVING ON OP-ED's
ALL OF THIS is current events PERIOD!
A 2 mile MASSIVE STEEL bridge built 50 years ago with 50 year old technology suffered the WORST POSSIBLE (but always conceivable) tragedy, and I'm/we're hearing from the "WASTE OF Federal MONEY" obstructionists! - - - THESE are the people that lined-up to build the TRUE "WASTE OF Federal MONEY" Trump Southern Border wall!

I'd like to have CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION on OUR site about THIS DISTURBING situation. . .!

Ted
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast

I can't speak to this aside from the fact that MSNBC has been caught lying and covering for the Democrats more than once. They labeled people who suggested that the virus came from a lab. It did. They demanded the vaccination stops infection. It doesn't. They've a long patter on multiple issues of calling people conspiracy theorists, only to turn out to be wrong. The Russian collusion stories turned out to be invented by the DNC, which they and Clinton's campaign was fined for. But, MSNBC reported it as fact. The list doesn't stop there, far from it. Maybe the GOP doesn't want to help. Maybe this is propaganda. Maybe the so called conspiracy theories should be in looked into. We shouldn't be sending so much money to foreign countries and help our own citizens, especially in crises such as this. At least, Biden was there to consul the grieving families when Trump was a mega million dollar, exclusive fund raiser that was 15 minutes away. Oh wait.....I have that backwards. Liberal stations would be all over a conservative for the very issues they hide or don't report on if it is a liberal. How can you take anything you read, anywhere, at face value?

Last edited by Cheyenne; 04/03/2024 05:08 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard