Clubdom
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Lobby Jump to new posts
Re: The Kink Gene MissMary 05/20/2024 06:33 AM
Out of curiosity, why are you glad that you didn't pass the kink gene to your children?
9 64 Read More
Archives Jump to new posts
Re: Hate Speech/Free speech Fahrenheit451 05/19/2024 03:59 AM
"I was interested in media bias even in 2019".....

Have you ever read Fahrenheit451 in your entire life?

If so, do you have any comprehension of how the media bias was portrayed?

The government uses mass media and censorship to HIDE the truth from the people...All so that they can remain in power and in control of society....In Fahrenheit451 censorship and suppression of ideas cause a lack of happiness in people, a loss in knowledge and creates a GOVERNMENT Controlled society.....Now isn't that exactly what we have now?....

Hate to tell you pal but I am way ahead of you.....
5 304 Read More
Off Topic & Politics
Re: Shrinkflation Bacon MissMary 05/18/2024 08:57 AM
I haven't been on the forum for a few days and just now saw this. This is something that I've weighed out over the last year. It comes down to two issues that keep me from stepping over the line and voting Republican. Gay marriage is one of them. Trump has said he'd continue to honor it. But, there are GOP members that are with the evangelicals. Then, there is the issue of abortion. While I could never imagine having one, in the unlikely event I would get pregnant, I feel for the young women who don't have financial resources or family support. Speaking of having children, there is the issue of the ability for gay couples to adopt. Right now, it is quite possible. But, as we've seen with Roe v Wade, anything can get over turned. This is the reason for my hesitation. I'm not at the point that I could do it. The best I can do is not show up to vote at all.
15 370 Read More
Off Topic & Politics
Re: Another Attempted Mugging NYC MissMary 05/18/2024 08:44 AM
NYC may be the worst. But, crime is a problem with a lot of big cities.I was born and raised in Chicago. I have a condo in the burbs but can be in the city in 30 minutes. It is heart breaking to see what has happened to Chicago. My girlfriend and I talk about moving away. maybe even weighing our options with other states as for the cost of living, crime rate and the presence of a lifestyle scene. We are both in occupations that we'll find good jobs anywhere. The hold back is we have so many friends in Chicago. Oh, waaa, poor me. I should be grateful that I have the ability to move if it comes to it.
6 144 Read More