Clubdom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3697 09/28/2026 12:11 PM
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 684
Likes: 35
addict
OP Offline
addict

Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 684
Likes: 35

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 421
Likes: 17
addict
Offline
addict

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 421
Likes: 17
Yeah, I remember. Trump's failure was not for lack of his efforts.
Trump knows the cost of wars and of the benefits and consequences.
War almost always inflicts consequences that are much more severe than the benefits.
My take and assumptions (until I hear differently):
I'm assuming that Trump thought he could convince both leaders that stopping would benefit then both and he offered incentives for them to cease.
What he didn't count on was the political disaster that would consume the leaders if they compromised at this stage of the war.
They had suffered too many losses to accept anything but victory, and definitely not compromise.
In this war, Trump was too late. His efforts bore fruit during his first administration and with a half dozen other conflicts he negotiated in his second term.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5