Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#405 03/24/2024 03:20 PM
furfan Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm a huge gear junkie and love large studios/dungeons of several rooms with lots of BDSM furniture and tons smaller equipment items. I also love a subterranean dungeon vibe and if there is a small concrete cell that's even better. eek

I'm curious as to what people here think might be some of the contenders for best equipped playspaces in North America in terms of gear and furniture?

Some that spring to my mind include Irene Boss's Pittsburg Compound and Amanda Wildefyre's house in Minneapolis (although I think she might be retired now) Both of these are full houses dedicated to play. Troy Orleans is hugely into bondage and looks to have some amazing stuff but I suspect working out of Midtown Manhattan limits her in terms of space.

Both Atlanta Dungeon and Mistress Tissa's Temenos sound interesting but the websites don't go into a lot of photo or video detail on gear or studio rooms and size. The old mill that Goddess Nemesis has in western Mass also looks interesting but once again there isn't a lot of detail.

I'm sure I'm making some glaring omissions. Does Michele Lacy still have that country space?

It almost seems Europe might be better in this context but maybe that's just because some European Dommes seem to emphasize their facility and equipment more on their websites. Also, I suppose far more very old buildings make dungeon like spaces more commonplace?

Black leather and a fur coat....a match made in heaven
furfan #407 03/24/2024 05:14 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast

I had a fetish for great spaces. Yes, Irene Boss's Compound was simply amazing. When I first started out as a prodom, I visited and was very inspired. My place in Rhode Island had more or a NYC feel with larger rooms. But, it was cool as heck. Michelle Lacy bought the ClubDom location from me several years ago. She ended up selling it to buy an ocean front mansion close to the Panhandle in Florida. It is AWESOME. She also has a space in Delray Beach studio that reminds me of the style of the Sex in the City meets FemDom. It is SO cool. I hear Jean Bardot has a great space in Minnesota. I don't dout there are a lot of them out there. The Atlanta Dungeon sounds great too.

While facilities aren't everything, it certainly helps the mind set.

furfan #409 03/25/2024 02:22 AM
stranger
stranger

Hey furfan, thanks for posting an interesting topic.

Cheyanne, thank you for creating this site and for giving folks like me a place to freely discuss Professional domination, BDSM and kink in general! Much appreciated!

I agree with FF that the play space and its furnishings are very important, at least to me. I prefer that dark dungeon environment with some real dungeon type furniture. Examples include the always needed St. Andrew's cross, a cbt chair, spanking bench, and of course a bondage table. More elaborate pieces are of course much appreciated, especially pieces that provide very restrictive bondage. I also have a thing for medical play, so having a medial room is always a plus for me but not a must have. I havea huge leather fetish, so the more leather finishings thse items have the better.

But, as Cheyenne noted, furniture and toys are not everything, all of these things are useless without a skilled and enthusiastic Domme to use them.

nysubjack #413 03/25/2024 11:25 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words. I do love a good space. Another one that comes to mind was a Mistress Avalon of Raleigh, NC. She was quite successful but ended up marrying one of her clients and didn't stay in the scene too long. She was great as a person and a dominatrix. Her space was in the country, surrounded by woods. The walls were painted in a way that reminded me of Edvard Munch's painting, The Scream. It was not a typical dungeon setting, rather contemporary and loaded with the very equipment and furniture you described. It inspired me to rent log cabins in the woods when I did tours. It didn't take long to outfit them as a dungeon. The remoteness was awesome.

furfan #415 03/25/2024 11:47 AM
furfan Offline OP
OP Offline

I agree completely NYsubjack. All the gear and playspace in the world is useless without a skilled Domme to use it.

Black leather and a fur coat....a match made in heaven
furfan #416 03/25/2024 02:09 PM
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman

It's been a long time since I sessioned regularly in dungeons, but from my perspective the '80s and '90s in NYC were special. It was right before real estate prices took off into the stratosphere and there were plenty of loft spaces (to rent) or brownstones (to buy or rent) that were available.

One of the best was Mistress Tara Indiana's Den of Iniquity that opened in I think in the early '90s. The first location was on West 17th or 18th Street off of 8th Avenue and was a brownstone. The first floor, really the basement, was the reception area and a dark English bedroom/playroom, and an inside staircase to a couple of rooms upstairs. I sessioned with Paige - not Mistress Paige, just her first name - a founding member of the dungeon according to Mistress Tara. Paige had the Bettie Page haircut and that hot "girl next door" look, except she was Amazonian, busty and built like an athlete, especially in leopard print. After the first session we spoke and in college she played fast pitch softball and did some track. The second session was in the basement English bedroom, featuring low lighting, a bondage chair and a leopard bedspread. Seeing Paige in a leopard print bikini on that matching bedspread still haunts me.

I guess a couple of years later Den of Iniquity moved to a loft space and I had two sessions in a room that had a mix of mad scientist meets BDSM. A steel examination table with bondage equipment; St. Andrew's Cross; mirrors; I think some wigs, etc. for cross dressing; maybe some antique medical equipment; a small old sink for hand washing; and my favorite, a steel cage. First session there was with a tall, intimidating Indian Mistress (could have been Queen Delilah) who threw "tarzan" into that cage, locked the door and dared him to bend the bars to get out. (While I was a lot stronger and younger then, and the bars gave a bit, the Mistress just laughed, opened the door and she "experimented" with the jungle slave.)

The second time I visited there was a visiting dominatrix with an English accent based in NJ who was going to go back home to the UK for a visit. Alas, I have forgotten her name, but she was probably over 50, very dignified, blonde and curvy. We did the "tarzan" thing and I had low expectations. Was I wrong. She got into it. I was hand spanked for being a peeping Tarzan, put in bondage on the table and then... a lot of things were on the table, using me in a lot of creative ways. When we were done I asked to go to the bathroom to clean up. She said, "Do it here," pointing to the small sink and began stare at me as she asked about my experience and how I got into the scene. As I left she said to me, "I'll see you when I get back," not as a request but an order. However I never did see an ad for her again.

As for Mistress Tara, we exchanged emails back then and in the past couple of years when she was forming a Dominatrix Hall of Fame, but I never had the pleasure of meeting her. My loss. She did know how to design a dungeon!

Cheyenne #417 03/25/2024 03:13 PM
journeyman
journeyman

My wife and I did a session with Mistress Michelle Lacy 2 years ago. It was at her Delray Beach location. From the outside, it looks like an average house. On the side, holy fuck, it is game on. There is one big room with suspension and a big ass cage. There are two separate rooms, of generous size, with more bondage gear and furniture than I've seen in any fetish store.

Last edited by Scooby; 03/25/2024 03:35 PM.
1 member likes this: jbeast
furfan #419 03/25/2024 07:35 PM
journeyman
journeyman

I built my own space when my wife corrupted me. It is wicked awesome. It is 1,200 square foot divided between a large dungeon room and conversational area. There is a mini kitchen and full bathroom. I built everything myself. The Goddess's on DominaMs were helpful in suggestions. Mistress Ayn's suggestion for mood lighting made a big difference. When the Boss Lady and I see a local Goddess, she is kind enough to come to our place. It is on my bucket list to rent an RV and do a road trip to experience the professional dungeons. From the sounds of it, our first stop would be Atlanta Dungeon.

Scooby #422 03/25/2024 11:08 PM
journeyman
journeyman

WOW! Go hard or go home, huh? Is this a commercial thing as in pay for play parties?

furfan #423 03/26/2024 01:06 AM

Alexandra Snow's facility in Columbus, Ohio is very well equipped. The facility, itself, is huge. The session rooms are a little small but decked out with all kinds of gear. Cleanliness is a priority for me. It says a lot about how the Mistress operates.Her place is spotless. The Atlanta Dungeon has good reviews. It is on my list to hit next time I''m traveling through the area.

Serving Goddess, loving life and licking my tears from Her boots.
MissMary #429 03/26/2024 08:31 AM
journeyman
journeyman

It is all for personal play. We started having parties every two or three months. The only thing I ask is everyone to contribute to snacks and drinks. Everyone has been great about staying to help clean up too.

Link Copied to Clipboard