I think I'll start with this article I just saw from CNN:
Opinion: "What world is Jared Kushner living in?"
Peter Bergen
Opinion By Peter Bergen, CNN
4 minute read
Published 6:31 PM EDT, Thu March 21, 2024
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/21/opinions/jared-kushner-gaza-israel-palestine-property-bergen/index.html
Just a short paste to quickly bring everyone up to speed:
"Is Jared Kushner clueless?

"Kushner’s newly disclosed musings last month that Gaza has a lot of “very valuable” waterfront property reminds one of Marie Antoinette’s purported observation, “Let them eat cake.”

"The former Trump White House senior adviser talked up the possible worth of Gaza’s waterfront real estate at an event at Harvard in February when already more than half the buildings in Gaza had been damaged or destroyed, according to multiple news reports. And this week, the UN warned of impending famine in northern Gaza.

"At the Harvard event, Kushner also suggested that the 1.4 million people sheltering in southern Gaza in Rafah might be moved into Egypt or to the Negev desert in southern Israel to shield them from a potential Israeli attack. Kushner’s thoughts appeared to be in sync with those of his old family friend, Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, who has approved a plan to invade Rafah.

"Kushner’s notions are fantasies, of course, since the Egyptians are not going to accept substantial numbers of Palestinian refugees, let alone the more than one million sheltering in Rafah, something they have made clear repeatedly. Nor is Israel going to accommodate them.
"The October 7th attacks by Hamas on Israel were inexcusable, and Israel had every right to avenge them.

"Still, Palestinian rage has been building for years, and Kushner, as then-President Donald Trump’s shadow secretary of state, helped contribute to this, something Kushner seems to be blissfully unaware of.

"The pace of new West Bank settlements built by the Israelis accelerated during Kushner’s tour of duty as the self-appointed Middle East peace czar, according to analyses by The Associated Press, and the Trump administration publicly took the position that these new settlements were not illegal, reversing decades of US policy on the issue."
- - - - - - - -
Just my PERSONAL ASIDE: When I vacationed in Israel in the Y2K era, I, EVEN THEN,I was amazed at the extreme proliferation of new, luxury-level settlements being built everywhere on looked!

Moving on to Father-in-law Donald Trump:
I suspect there's not a person here who hasn't heard of his plans to DEPORT millions of migrants, first by establishing desert camps near the Southern Border as the precursor to eventual deportation: He doesn't call them 'concentration camps', rather uses the FAR-LESS-TROUBLING term: Detention Centers.
- - - - - - - -
Just another PERSONAL ASIDE: I spent a half dozen years vacationing in Sint Martin, which includes French St. Martin: While there are Luxury Hotels there, easily 90% of the EXTREMELY VALUABLE Coastline is occupied by Caribbean Native shacks. When there was a major fire that easily destroyed half of the habitation in the French Province a decade back, the BIG DEVELOPERS immediately tried to snatch-up the burned-down coastal shacks AND the LAND for a song, planning to "camp-the-unfortunate" and "STRAIGHTEN-OUT" all that coastline - - - French President Macro said: NFW; and today, thanks largely to French Government Loans, it REMAINS NFW!!!

MY ONE KEY question:
Whatever entitles an absolute scumbag like Jared Kushner to impact/harm/destroy fellow human lives half a world away? Who the eff does he think her is, Donald Trump's son-in-law or something?

Last edited by Ted; 03/29/2024 03:23 PM.

Ted