Clubdom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ted Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Who the heck is this guy globetrotting around the planet, erroneously setting 'shadow Government Trump policies' as though he were The United States Secretary of State?
Trump calls his globe-trotting ex-diplomat ‘my envoy.’ Neither is in office.

Richard Grenell is meeting with far-right foreign leaders, attacking President Biden and offering a glimpse at what U.S. foreign policy could be like in a second Trump term
By Beth Reinhard, Jon Swaine and Aaron Schaffer
March 28, 2024 at 5:00 a.m. EDT
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/03/28/richard-grenell-trump-envoy-serbia-guatemala/?utm_campaign=wp_news_alert_revere_trending_now&utm_medium=email&utm_source=alert&location=alert

I see it as 'in your face Treason' being committed TODAY in broad daylight by 2 CRIMINALS on the 'outside-looking-in'; CONFUSED legitimate News Agencies such as the Washington Post ask "is this a hint of things to come", NEVER calling for their arrest and imprisonment for CRIMINAL TREASON against OUR United States!

Agree?
Disagree?
- - - Like it or not, this is the 'SHADOW-LAWLESSNESS' that we are dealing with in OUR Country right now! It's a shame that EVEN I (always looking for trouble) had to 'BUMP-into-it'!

Google summed it up quite appropriately:
"Grenell's globe-trotting has sparked deep concern among career national security officials and diplomats, who warn that he emboldens bad actors and jeopardizes U.S. interests in service of Trump's personal agenda."

Last edited by Ted; 04/01/2024 06:02 AM. Reason: Added Google-quote

Ted
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast

This piques my curiosity. But, I'd have to see more than a WaPo hit piece to get an understanding on the subject. Do you commonly check stories out beyond the original source before accepting them as fact? WaPo, clearly, has a biased agenda. How is it that they claim to know what Grennell is saying behind closed doors?

journeyman
journeyman

Take a look at what Newsome is doing. You don't have a problem with the failed Governor meeting with foreign leaders. It is obvious that everyone knows Biden isn't dealing with a full deck. You don't think that was discussed? You think the leader of a nation is too stupid to know why Newsome is making the rounds? As far as calling Trump a criminal, the courts are criminal. Libtards have succeeded in using the court system as a weapon. The bullshit will get over turned. Grennell has never been convicted of a crime. I don't think he's even been charged with one. Where are you getting off calling him a criminal?

Ted Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

[quote=Cheyenne]This piques my curiosity. But, I'd have to see more than a WaPo hit piece to get an understanding on the subject. Do you commonly check stories out beyond the original source before accepting them as fact? WaPo, clearly, has a biased agenda. How is it that they claim to know what Grennell is saying behind closed doors? [/quote]
As it turns out, I had no idea about what was taking place with Richard Grennell Globetrotting at the behest of Donald Trump; I've since checked some and have found that he actually does represent himself as an official United States worldwide delegate representing Trump; if it confuses the hell out of me, just imagine world citizenry meeting with him or his team!

In this particular case, I searched about quite a bit: From what I can gather, Trump is managing Grennell 'behind closed drapes', unbeknownst even to Right-Wing media sources; it seems that Donald Trump is running an international "shadow-operation" headed by Grennell who represents NOTHING/NO ONE but Trump, if for no other reason than NEITHER one of them have been CURRENTLY elected to anything! FWIW, like it or not, I don't see the WaPo exposure as a "hit piece" but ONLY as a particularly timely reporting piece, NOTHING more; there is NO EMBELLISHMENT whatsoever in the report!
Here's a bit more than I could find in the Washington Post, the ONLY sane reporting site beyond the NY Times that I'm aware of:
"Trump calls his globe-trotting ex-diplomat ‘my envoy.’ Neither is in office.

"Richard Grenell is meeting with far-right foreign leaders, attacking President Biden and offering a glimpse at what U.S. foreign policy could be like in a second Trump term"
By Beth Reinhard, Jon Swaine and Aaron Schaffer
March 28, 2024 at 5:00 a.m. EDT
"After an anti-corruption crusader unexpectedly won last year’s presidential election in Guatemala, democracy teetered on the edge in the Central American country. Amid law enforcement raids on election offices and threats of violence, the Biden administration worked feverishly to lay the groundwork for a peaceful transfer of power.

"But not Richard Grenell, a former diplomat and intelligence official in Donald Trump’s administration, who arrived in Guatemala in January, days before the new president was to be sworn in — and threw his support behind a right-wing campaign to undermine the election.

"Grenell met with a hard-line group that sued to block the inauguration. The group thanked him for his “visit and trust.” He defended Guatemalan officials who had seized ballot boxes in an effort to overturn a vote declared “free and fair” by the United States and international observers, and he attacked the U.S. State Department’s sanctions against hundreds of anti-democratic actors.

“They are trying to intimidate conservatives in Guatemala,” Grenell said in a television interview. “This is all wrapped into this kind of phony concern about democracy.”

- - - Apparently IF NOTHING ELSE: "overthrowing elections is a big thing with Trump and Grennell. . .

Ted
Ted Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Scooby.
FWIW, I RESENT your "they all do it" approach to this bit of news; like it or not, Gavin Newsome is NOT a "failed Governor" (yet anyway), but I do HAPPEN to see Donald Trump as a 'failed President' who's OVERSTEPPING his bounds with his 'shadow government' Grennell effort, but MAYBE that's just me!

Whatever you think around THIS, you ought to keep mum about it; SAYING "the courts are criminal" is in itself close to criminal, but LESS-SO than running the 'shadow government' that Trump was seemingly KEEPING TO HIMSELF!

Ted
journeyman
journeyman

The they all do it excuse for not addressing the facts. Resent whatever the fuck you want. You call out one but not the other. If you think Newsome has California in good shape then I want a toke off of what you are smoking. He was an inch away from being recalled. The dude is running a shadow campaign. It's criminal for someone to say that the courts are behaving in a criminal way? No more free speech? How did Trump fail? You talk like a fucking Marxist. What's up with the all caps?

Link Copied to Clipboard