Clubdom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#493 04/03/2024 02:44 AM
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast

The more things change, the more they stay the same. The following is a long read but a good one. It discusses how the wealthy elite in the 1800's controlled the tax payers. It is true of what is going on today. At some point, people need to stop being so willfully divided and wake up. Educate yourself. Don't take any media outlet at face value.

https://americanmind.org/salvo/thus-always-to-bad-elites/

journeyman
journeyman

If only Marie Antoinette had known to buy off the media and get handlers. Buying off the impoverished with bare necessities and robbing the middle class works for current day politicians. That could have spared her a grizzly fate too. Honesty wasn't the best policy for her.

enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast

You are correct that this has been going on, probably since the beginning of time, in one form or another. As for the French Revolution, my understanding is that simply keeping the peasants in bread could have been enough. Maybe not but was what I was taught in history class. Watching Hunter walk on serious tax violations when the IRS haunts a lot of hard working Americans, on their tax payer dime, is a tough one. I don't wish for a violent revolution. I'm not for sending people off to the gallows. But, American's wising up and standing together to demand better would be a good start to constructive and peaceful change.

I didn't read the whole thing. The concept, at a glance over, is about right for the deal now. It has always been that way. It is the sucky nature of humankind.

Serving Goddess, loving life and licking my tears from Her boots.

Link Copied to Clipboard