Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#524 04/04/2024 02:19 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

NATO is now discussing what to do in the event Mr Trump is re-elected President.

Starting with

- NATO would seize control of Ramstein Air Base among others (Britain etc). "Get out of Dodge by sundown!"

- Nuclear armed NATO countries (Britain, France) would amend their targeted enemies list. Washington, DC would be inserted after Moscow.

If you not a "good guy" you are a "bad guy".

C123

Ted Offline
journeyman
journeyman

One thing's FOR CERTAIN: If Trump wins in November, we can ALL kiss our chances of ever sightseeing in Kiev and Odessa and talking to gorgeous Ukrainian women on their wonderful streets and dynamite night clubs FOREVER goodbye.
https://atomic-bride.com › dating-advice › 8-cities-with-the-most-attractive-ukrainian-females
As it turns out for me and my wife who've visited dozens of European countries together, both cities were on our to-do list in these horrible recent years.

If nothing else, being a world city transit aficionado, I was always intrigued by the extreme depth of Kiev's subway stations and system in general:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+deep+underground+are+Kiev+subway+stations&form=STARH1&refig=6a93c94ab9f84028854f8b9397b260c5&mkt=en-us&ocid=&pc=&showconv=1

Ted
journeyman
journeyman

This is nothing but hysterical rhetoric from countries who don't want a pause in the free rides and money laundering. As you are talking about bad guys, consider that Zelinsky is not squeeky clean himself. Putin has no conscience. That is obvious for everyone to see. But, this isn't as simple as the rhetoric makes it out to be.

stranger
stranger

Well said!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger

US Military personnel enjoy a good reputation in NATO.
US Politicians not so much.

Privately Elizabeth EIIR had a favourite US President.
Eisenhower. In fact she served under his command as Supreme Allied Commander during WWII.

C123

journeyman
Online Content
journeyman

Am I wrong here or doesn't the US have history of providing the majority of the funds to NATO? I don't like what is going on. I can't get on board with any of it. I don't expect to vote this November.

Last edited by MissMary; 04/06/2024 10:52 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

Yes you ARE correct that the US provides most of the funds for NATO.

However, US based military equipment and weapons system developers-suppliers get most of that money.
If you also consider that NATO countries are "ENCOURAGED" to buy US manufactured military equipment, the statement is at the very least tempered somewhat and ma be totally disingenuous. That is diplomatic speak for BULLSHIT!

If you consider that of the $61B in aid for Ukraine (Bill in Congress) over $37B is supposed to paid to US Weapons system manufactures, the actions by the GOP seem the grossly inept. I wonder where the 3 Senators and several congressmen are in this. They should be screaming in support of their constituent companies.

Regardless NATO cannot rely on the US and any equipment designed and built in the US. This is especially so since Russian leaders, the enemy of NATO, may my become best buddies with the next president.

C123

journeyman
journeyman

None of this says money grab to you?

Link Copied to Clipboard