Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#210 03/07/2024 05:18 PM
jbeast Online Content OP
journeyman
OP Online Content
journeyman

The whole idea of Mistresses talking to Mistresses, excluding their customers and flaunting the forum in front of their customers with different colored fonts to show if they are members of the page, reminds me of this exchange:

"Inherit The Wind" (1960) is a movie based on the famous Scopes Monkey Trial in Tennessee during 1925. A teacher is arrested because he broke the local law about not allowing evolution to be taught in schools. (As the events in the U.S over the past few years shows, history does repeat itself.) Defense attorney Henry Drummond (based on the actual attorney Clarence Darrow) has this exchange with the radio announcer in court right before the decision is rendered.

Henry Drummond : Radio! God, this is going to break down a lot of walls.

Radio Announcer : You're not supposed to say "God" on the radio!

Henry Drummond : Why the hell not?

Radio Announcer : You're not supposed to say "Hell", either.

Henry Drummond : This is going to be a barren source of amusement!

That forum will be an echo chamber, with few dissenting voices, and will quickly become a true "barren source of amusement." I'm very happy customers like me, and that's what we are fellow subs, will not have to endure such a forum.

I disagree here. I don’t see or have any problem with a separate Domme forum for Dommes only. They have a very unique occupation and there’s definitely things they would want to share with each other and not their clients or the public. The same would apply to other occupations as well like maybe doctors nurses cops firemen and even teachers etc. I just don’t see it as a big deal.

jbeast Online Content OP
journeyman
OP Online Content
journeyman

Buffalo, I understand your point of view. I guess it hit me sideways because the whole way it was presented was a bit heavy handed. It almost sounded like an idea a Mistress who appears there regularly came up with, who thinks she's the "commissioner" of BDSM. I tip my cap to you on your common sense argument.

Lol I agree about the commissioner of bdsm. Good description.

journeyman
journeyman

Yeah, I can see where there is a a space for shop talk among the Goddesses. It would bore me. I want to hear about the sexy stuff.

stranger
stranger

I agree with buffalo, I don't have a problem with the idea of a private forum for Dommes to discuss topics of interest and importance to them. Perhaps one good thing that could come from it would be the opportunity to use it as a forum where Dommes could get references on new subs. That would certainly be better than demands that subs turn over official ID to a Domme or hoping that a Domme you saw 6 months ago will take the time to give you a reference when asked for one by a Domme that you are attempting to schedule a session with.

For example, If I was going to travel to to Florida and had the chance to see Michelle Lacy (and who wouldn't ?) it would be great to simply suggest that Ms. Lacy ask about me in the Domme only forum.

HEY JB !

Glad to see Beast has landed on his feet here are Domspeak. I have always enjoyed your posts!

jbeast Online Content OP
journeyman
OP Online Content
journeyman

Hat tip to nysubjack and my thanks for the kind words.

Nysubjack I was lucky enough to find myself in Florida with an opportunity to session with Michelle Lacy and she is outstanding. Great Domme super cool lady. So get yourself down there if you can. Also as far as screening she is someone you can trust 100 percent and most definitely worth it. I’d love to see her again.

stranger
stranger

Thanks buffalo, appreciate the advice. She is definitely someone I would love to spend some "quality time" with, and I hope to get down there sometime in the next few months.

Nysubjack, Interesting point about the new forum being used to provide references.

stranger
stranger

Give me that old time religion!

stranger
stranger

She also travels a lot including New York.

stranger
stranger

Coming more to the substance of what you were saying I had the same problem with the different color used by moderators. As a matter of fact I had a suggestion I was about to make to domina a while ago if I had the time. Usually the moderators are also active posters. When they moderate the different color can help. The rest of the time it distracts. I was thinking it would be nice if they had two different fonts they could choose from and use depending whether their post is as a moderator or as a participant. Problem probably is there is no platform support for this. The way to overcome it could be by having two logins, one as moderator, the other as participant.

Link Copied to Clipboard